Paella is one of the Best Things Ever!
I love Spanish food! You know the stuff that actually originated in Spain. Man, it’s seriously the best when it comes to complex flavours. My favourite Spanish dish is paella. There are many different types of paella, most are seafood based, but the kind that I made last night was completely vegan and it was delicious! People on my social media seem to want the recipe for this delicious dish, so here you all go! Keep in mind that this recipe uses metric measurements. I have metric measuring utinsils, so I have no need to convert them, but you all may need to.
- 2 Tableapoons of olive oil
- 1 green and 1 red bell pepper, make sure to remove all the seeds and cut into small pieces
- 2 portabella mushrooms cut in strips
- 1 Cup of frozen or fresh peas
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Teaspoon of paprika
- 800ml of vegetable stock
- 2 Teaspoons of black pepper
- 300g of saffron rice
- 1 Teaspoon of basil
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pan and sauté the mushrooms.
- Add red pepper, green pepper, and peas and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomtoes and paprika and mix together.
- Slowly add in the vegetable stock while stiring.
- Pour the saffron rice over the top and add the black pepper.
- Mix and cover to cook for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. It will look like this.
- If need be, you can add a bit more of the vegetable stock if the rice isn’t getting all the way cooked.
- Add the basil and mix in.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes. It will look like this.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I personally like to garnish my dish with fresh pineapple rings and serve it with pineapple juice because that is how paella was first served to me. Here is a picture of the completed dish